Wednesday, February 4, 2015

¡Aventuras en el Salón! Adventures in the Classroom

UPDATE!!!!

What I've realized, after three years of blogging, is that it is difficult to get non-bloggers to write posts. I think it's because most people don't like to write, or more appropriately they HATE to write. Sadly, it leaves just little ol' me to write for this blog and, unfortunately, I don't always have a ton of time (who does) nor do I have all the information.

So, I hope I've found the answer to my dilemma.  I've decided to simply ask parents to tell me what's going on in their kid's classrooms - that includes YOU.  Wow-how simple is that?  I know,  it's a really novel idea and it only took me 3 years to figure it out.

Seriously though, I want to make this as easy as possible for all of us busy parents.  All it needs to be is basic information once a month (or every other month).  It can be about a field trip, a special project/unit, activity, art, or whatever is worthy of sharing with the rest of our Lincoln DLP community.  The point is, I think we'd all love to celebrate what's happening in and around our school and this just might be the way to do it (I'm crossing my fingers).  So, if you have something to share please jot it down; it can be bullet points, two to three sentences (or longer), or you can call me and I'll transcribe it.  Any way you want to share, I will formulate the content and post it.  You can reach me at dlpadvocates@gmail.com

I've already gotten two replies.  Yay!!! So here's the first of what I hope will be many posts on ¡Aventuras en el Salón!.

Maestra Rios
Maestra Rios 3rd class will be celebrating Día de San Valentín on Friday, February 13th.  This year, her class has opted not to do a traditional classroom party.  Instead, they are celebrating by making Oobleck...

UPDATE as of 2/9/15- Class project has been changed.  The Oobleck project will be done during Dr. Seuss' birthday in March.   Stay posted for more info....

According to the instructables.com, "Oobleck is a classic science experiment that's perfect for entertaining both kids and adults. If you haven't seen it in action it's very fascinating stuff and before too long you'll have your hands covered with it, happily making a mess that can be washed away with water.

Oobleck is a non-newtonian fluid. That is, it acts like a liquid when being poured, but like a solid when a force is acting on it. You can grab it and then it will ooze out of your hands. Make enough Oobleck and you can even walk on it!

Oobleck gets its name from the Dr. Seuss book Bartholomew and the Oobleck where a gooey green substance, Oobleck, fell from the sky and wreaked havoc in the kingdom. " (http://www.instructables.com/id/Oobleck/)

It sounds like Maestra Rios' little scientists will be having a lot of fun! 

For those of us whom haven't had a chance to peruse through the hallways as of late, Maestra Rios' bulletin board is looking very festive. 
XOXO - Special thanks to Jodi Delgado for contributing to the content of this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment